Thursday, November 27, 2008

web design







Design Strategy
I decided to do the top of the web page in the curvy shape because I wanted it to resemble a wave since the event involves running into water. I added the curves to give the illusion of waves and to add dimension to the design.
I put the navigation bar on the left because it’s easy to find things there. I decided to change the color of the link the person was on so that they would know which page they were on. I kept all of the paragraphs short because it would be easier to read that way. I also presented some information in list form so that it would cause diversity to the webpage and thus make it more pleasing.
I feel that the links I chose answered the questions that would generally arise. The who, what and why are addressed on the home page. The where and when are discussed in the event page. I added a donations link because that is the main function of the event. The other links, photos and press, were added for fun things for people to look at. The links are arranged in that order based on their importance to the event and reader.

Choice of Typefaces:
I chose Verdana because I wanted a font that would be used on all types of computers. I was able to create diversity of the font by using it as italic and regular and in different sizes.

Choice of color
I decided to use greens and blues and whites in the design because of the pictures I found. I based the color scheme off the water in the pictures. I also used these colors because the plunge is very early in the new year so the water will be very cold so I wanted cool colors.

Choice of Pictures
All of the pictures I used were from google images except for one. The one of the girls dressed up like superheroes is from Facebook. I chose these pictures because I wanted penguins since the event is called the Penguin Plunge. I chose the superhero picture because it’s one my friends took from when they participated

No comments: