Wednesday, September 24, 2008


Design Strategy:
When first considering my design for this resume i had a few things that i wanted to do. i wanted to separate the resume into four parts: the word mark, contact info, headers, and body. i wanted my word mark on the top of the page, though not necessarily in the middle, and i wanted the word mark and the headers to be blue for a few reasons. As i got deeper into the design i realized that underlining my word mark was a good effect to use along with the lines i used to separate my four categories. as far as the margins go i wanted to make it seem like the page was a bit longer than it actually is, which is why i extended the lines a little past the text on both the inside and outside.

Choice of Typeface:
The typeface i chose for my word mark and headers is janson text LT STD Italic. i was looking for a professional text that still had a flow to it. I also like the serifs on the capital letters and how the serifs on the lowercase letters and fluent in the italic form. i also really liked the lowercase X and K and how they were designed. The typeface i chose for my body was Cronos Pro. This was goo for me because i wanted to use a sans serif font to conflict with my word mark and headers. i chose this specifically because i like how the descenders look with the rest of the text. it looks professional but the way the text slants gives a little edge to it.

Color:
The color i chose was a blue with RGB parameters of 0, 145, and 255. i wanted a color that was not too flashy but still stood out. i like the way this blue turned out because it seems a little relaxed but at the same time gives a distinct contrast to the black. 

No comments: