Friday, September 19, 2008

Resume




Design Strategy
When deciding how to design my resume, I honestly had no idea exactly how I wanted to convey my personality through type. I did remember that I had to keep in mind the two career paths that I intend to take—that of business and communications, so it had to be a design that was unique, yet very classy and sophisticated. Typically, in the business industry, resumes are usually bland and all look the same. With my design, I kept it some what traditional, but in the since that my resume can be presented accurate, no matter if I walk into a public relations firm or a financial analyst’s office.
While I think that my design will be accepted in either professional setting, I do believe that color might have to be omitted from the design, depending on what type of business organization I submit my resume to. I wanted my design to be simplistic, yet exude the part of my personality that is clean-cut and different.

Choices of typefaces:
I chose Georgia, a traditional serif font, for my word mark because I thought that it was an accurate display of my name. Also, I wanted a typeface with distinctive counters and a large x-height. I have one ascender and two descenders in my name as well, and I wanted those to be noticeable, the reason also why I chose to have my name in lower case letters. For the body of my resume, I chose Franklin Gothic, a sans-serif typeface; because I thought that it was very versatile, and would achieve the clean cut, modern look that I was going for.

Color:
The color used in my work mark as well as in my headings is R 233, G 4, B 134 (pink) and R 109, G 0, B189 (purple). I chose these two colors because not only are they two of my personal favorites, but I also think that the contrast well together and are neither too light nor too dark.

Paper:
For my final draft, I will use a paper that is heavier than laser paper, and a color that will accurately offset the colors I use in my design.

No comments: