Friday, October 24, 2008

logo project





Design Strategy:
I couldn’t think of anything creative to use in my logo that had to do with newspaper journalism so I decided to design one for my name instead. My logo is comprised of my initials KRK. The butterfly wings are a mirrored image of capital Ks. The antenna is a lower case r. Thus my initials are presented KrK.
I feel the butterfly represents a free spirit with the flying off the page. It also represents change, which is something I’m open to. I like to try new things. The butterfly is also is a happy image and I am generally a happy person.
I chose to do a watermark for my stationary because I really liked my image and wanted it large and I didn’t know how else to put my logo on the page. I didn’t want to put it in the top left corner with my contact info because I didn’t want it to resemble my envelope. I didn’t want the logo in the top right corner because then it would be too much like my business card. I put my contact info at the bottom of the stationary because I felt it was the most appropriate place. I used the pink Apple Chancery Option 8 bullets to separate the information so that it connected the text to the image.

Choice of Typefaces:
I drew the letters in the logo because I couldn’t find them exactly how I wanted them to look from an existing font. I decided to use the fonts in my text to imitate the ones I drew for the logo.
I chose to use Charme Std. Roman for the capital Ks because I felt it resembled the Ks I drew for the butterfly’s wings. I really liked the font but it was too hard to read in large amounts so I also used Apple Chancery. I chose this font because the r resembled the r I drew for the antenna. It also complimented Charme Std. Roman font. I felt the font portrayed the characteristics classy and girly, both of which I feel describe me.

Color:
I chose to use the color scheme of black, white, gray and pink (PANTONE pastel coated .9324c). I felt that black and white is a classic color combination that will never go out of style. I added some gray in the wings to add dimension to the design. I chose pink to accent the color scheme and make my designs pop. Pink is also a girly color that fits with the theme I wanted to portray. I wanted to fade the pink on the business card because it’s like the butterfly is emerging from it into the unknown. It also adds dimension to the card.

Paper:
I didn’t choose a special paper. Anything special I wanted, I designed on the computer.

No comments: