Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Effective logo




Now, I know very little about cars or their stereotypes--this is purely my interpretation!! But this is one of my favorite logos--Cadillac. I think this logo works because at this point, it's been used by the car company for so many years that's it's identifiable with their quality and reputation. I think the circular logo principle we discussed in class yesterday applies here--it's round and pleasing to the eye. I think this logo is extra fun because of how the inside of the circle is split up so much--especially with such bold colors like black, yellow, blue and red. The silver trimming around the colored circle adds a touch of sophistication, and makes the logo look shiny and impressive on the front of a car. I also like the Cadillac logo because of the mini flags that are created within the circle. To me, that makes me think very distinct adjectives about the company--powerful, luxury, worldly and a little diplomatic.

No comments: