Saturday, October 11, 2008

Poster Project

*Sorry that this is blurry. I explained to Wasim I had problems uploading. Originally the image was truncated and now even when I selected high resolution it's pretty blurry. 

I decided to do my poster project on NY Cares Day because it helps make public schools more beautiful for students. On this specific day in October usually thousands of volunteers go to public schools in NYC and paint murals, plant flowers and organize libraries. It really helps these students look forward to going to school. I choose to play off the idea of New York City called "the big apple". I made the apple represent NYC and the hearts I drew inside the apple as the people/New Yorkers.  I did this to show that NYC is full of people with big hearts! Also I used Cambria as a font because it is easy to read and simple. I used blue as a background because it is a strong color but also pretty and white text to stand out in the headlines and info. The text at the bottom text is multicolored to be happy, fun and cheery like kids. I now notice that there is a red, white and blue theme that is also pretty patriotic. Overall I am very happy with my design.

1 comment:

Letecha Dixon said...

I like your poster a lot. I especially liek the way the hearts make up the tree. CLEVER!