Thursday, October 23, 2008

Logo Design





href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgZBShuTHpz8Pt5-UZaKQsnxcupmB-srVXCTT7d79RH_F5yyPIoymIlxXbOh5ih3dP-2u94Y0ML_z2oZYwqaR9C43_zKK2kL7QfY9Fz7RSMbKmrEuT_bIR4uebvFdqZ1H1Ig30cuj_IRsy9/s1600-h/Lauren+Glass%27+Logo+stationary+final.jpg">

Design Strategy:
Again, I tried to design my logo to fit my personality, as well as the internships I will be applying for. Since I want to work for a fashion magazine, I designed it to appear chic and elegant. I played off of my last name, “Glass”, and the fact that I want to write for a fashion magazine and added a glass slipper. I found the “glass flashes” on illustrator and thought that they added a depth and a new dimension to my logo.
My stationary is relatively simple. Because my logo takes up a good portion of the top of the paper, I left my address at the absolute bottom. I wanted both to be centered and stack nicely on top of one another. I repeated the “glass flash” motif at the bottom, using two on one side and one on the other because a symmetry is more eye pleasing than symmetry.
Since my logo is so girly, I wanted my business card to be a funky shape, so that it would stand out in the fashion industry. Square business cards are becoming more and more popular and seem to be very en vogue right now. I got rid of the “glass flashes” because I thought that they distracted from my information. I used the purple to add more color and make it less boring. The back of my card is just my original shoe with the “glass flashes”. It is facing the opposite direction so that it still has the she of an “L” and appears to be the opposite foot.
I used just the shoe and my name for the front of my envelope because it was simple and elegant. I moved my return address to the back of the envelope so that the front was not overcrowded and I kept the “glass flash” motif on the back.

Choice of Typefaces:
I chose didot for my type family because I wanted to keep the continuity my resume and my logo. Didot is also a very fashion forward type family.

Color:
I stuck with the same basic color theme that I had used in my resume, because I wanted my resume to match my logo. I chose light purple, PantoneDS165-3C (C=35%, M=70%, Y=0%, K=10%) because not only is it my favorite color, but it is a color that is often equated with flowers and my first name, Lauren, means crowned with laurels. For the inside of the blue lettering, I used PantoneDS246-8C (C=20%, M=0%, Y=5%, K=0%). For the outside of the lettering, I used a slightly darker blue to accent the inside, and still give the lettering a glassy texture, PantoneDS230-8C (C=30%, Y=5%, M=50%, K=5%). I also used this blue for the shoe, which I traced in illustrator.

Paper:
I chose to use normal paper for my stationary because it is more economically feasible and the bright white color compliments the blue.

No comments: