Friday, October 24, 2008

My Logo Design









Logo Design:
 I wanted to create a design that had both strong and soft colors because I wanted the design to show strength and femininity. I wrote my initials with the paint tool and drew a fan like design  next to the initials. Next to each other it reminded me of a butterfly/flower on blades of grass. I like that it can be seen to be both, it just depends on perception.  I I choose to have the back of my business card a different color to have another contrast between soft and strong. 

On my envelope I put my main image at 70 percent of it's original scale from Illustrator on the back flap. On the front I put the main image at 35 percent next to my address. I think it gave uniformity to the envelope.  My stationary also has my main image at 35 percent scale

Choice of typeface:
I choose Palatino type for my logo project because it was simple and easy to read. I did not want the text to overpower the design. I wanted my illustration to stand out. I made my name is all caps and put it on the top and bottom of my card to utilize the vertical space I choose. Also I used white text in 14pt for my name to stand out against the background. My email address and phone number are in 10pt.

Choice of Color:
I used black as a base color because it was strong and draws the eye. For my illustration I used green (Pantone DS 278 C) for the blades of grass and pink (Pantone 148 5-C) for my initials that resemble a flower or butterfly. The illustration and the black background contrast each other well along with the white text.  On the back of my business card I have a white background with the main image.

No comments: