Thursday, October 30, 2008

Getting your business cards printed

In case anyone wants to print their cards professionally so that they can start to use them "in the real world" here are a few options.

Sherri points out this site: Plasticprinters.com - Apparently they can turn your card into clear or frosted plastic. Very nifty, but I couldn't find prices on their site.

I personally use Vistaprint. They have templates for InDesign and Photoshop that you can just drop your design that you made in class right onto. I've had the most success when I order a set with one of the sides glossy; Some of my classmates ordered without a glossy side and the printing quality was notably worse.

Staples is also a good option for low-volume printing of your cards. Their non-glossy seems to be better than Vistaprint, if you are going that route.

No comments: